Online Sports Betting
Betting real money on sports and casino’s is one of the Filipino’s most favorite pastimes. But some Pinoy’s put their time seriously every day to make money through online betting.
The reason why sports betting is so popular is because it makes watching sports more exciting. You can choose the sports you love and pick a team you like, it makes your time enjoyable while watching. Just take time to learn about the odds, team scouting, picking winners, line shopping and how to use online bonuses profitably.
2019 Best Bookmaker accept Filipino Players
5Dimes often has the best line in one of two teams at an event. known for having the largest betting menu.
Sign up bonus 50% up to $520
BetOnline known for their amazing bonus, early lines, and quick payouts. One of the most respected in the industry.
Sign up bonus 50% up to $1000
Sportsbetting offers great deals for line shoppers, often offering an early line at every event. Like BetOnline.
Sign up bonus 50% up to $1000
Bovada is good for betting props, especially for the NBA.
Sign up bonus 50% up to $250
Like their tag line “Play with the first”, Intertops is one of the longest-running bookmakers. With multiple bonuses to choose from.
Sign up bonus 100% up to $200
Shop for the best line
This betting strategy is popular with Philippine gamblers. Because they know they are more likely to win big money. Lines can vary based on the sportsbook, as different books have different clients. As a result, one book can post the Cavs -8 while another has -7.5. Having access to more than one sportsbook allows you to shop for the best line. Getting an extra half-point may not seem like a big deal, but it adds to the long haul and increases your chances of winning.
We recommend the bookmakers listed on this page as they are safe to use, reliable, and stable in this industry.
2019 Best Bookmaker accept Peso (PHP)
1xBet has long attracted Philippine players by offering a huge variety of betting markets with great odds.
Sign up bonus 100% up to 7,000 PHP
The huge range of games is just part of what is offered at BetWinner Casino, as the site also offers several generous promotions that can be used by Filipino players..
Sign up bonus 100% up to 7,000 PHP
22BET offer Filipino’s local sports like MPBL, Philippines Superleague woman, Philippines Championship Turf Spikers. And many more.
Sign up bonus 100% up to 7,500 PHP
Astekbet has most kinds of events Fast and reliable betting processing. You have the opportunity to bet on the most popular and large events.
Sign up bonus 100% up to 5,400 PHP
MelBet provides a betting possibility for many events including 1000 matches in Games, Poker, Casino, Virtual Sports and also more than 200 Live Events every day.
Sign up bonus 100% up to 5,600 PHP
How to bet on Sports?
This guide starts with the basic of sports betting online and technique, designed strategies for you to make more chances to win on sports betting.
First, you will need to understand the basics of what types of bets are placed. Second, you will need to find a local, or online sportsbook to bet at. Once you learn the fundamentals, you will be on your way to gambling on sports in no time!
1. Understand the Basics of Betting Odds
Bet on point spreads. Point spreads help to balance out the odds of each team winning. When people bet on point spreads, they usually talk about (+3.5), (-7.5), (+4), etc. This is how many points are added or subtracted from a team’s final score. Take, for example, the Chicago Bears (+5) and the Green Bay Packers (-5) are playing each other. The Bears are less likely to win, so 5 points are added to their final score.
- In this example, the Packers will have to beat the Bears by at least 6 points for people who bet on them to win. If the Packers beat the Bears by 5 points or less, people who bet on the Packers to cover the spread will lose money.
- The basic premise is that you need your betting team to either cover the spread, or underperform. In the same example, if you think the Packers will win but won’t cover the spread, put money down on them to do so. If the Packers win by less than 5 points, you will win money.
- If teams wind up meeting the spread (not under or over) than you neither win or lose money. In the same example, if the Packers beat the Bears by exactly 5 points, no one wins or loses. When point spreads are (+7.5), (-4.5), (-8.5), (+1.5), etc. they are much more dangerous bets. This is because teams don’t score half points, so you will either win or lose.
2. Place a bet on the money spread
This is a very simple method. You are betting on who will win the game outright. If you think the Chicago Cubs will beat the Pittsburgh Pirates, you will bet on them, and vice versa. The key here is to look at the point spread of the game. If the Chicago Cubs are given a large point spread (-5) then they are seen as more likely to win. If the spreads are pretty even (-0.5)(+0.5) then the game is largely seen as a 50/50 matchup.
- Look at the point spread first before you move onto the money spread. If the point spread seems way too high (-8.5) it is best to place your money down on the point spread.
- If the point spreads are fairly even (-1)(+1) then move on to the money spread. You will be much more likely to win covering a tight money spread.
- If there is inclement weather, that also is a heavy factor in money spreads. Snow, rain, sleet, fog, etc. can rapidly even the playing field between the two teams, and therefore even up the point spread. The worse the weather, the more random the outcome, and therefore the more money you should put down on the money spread.
3. Put your money down on the totals
Totals is commonly referred to as the over/under. This is where the betting organization will give you a number (9), (4), (10), (175), etc. The number they give you represents the total number of points scored by both teams combined. You have to place a bet as to whether or not the teams combined will score below or above that number.
- Take for example the Los Angeles Lakers playing against the Oklahoma City Thunder. The total over/under will be 215. You have to bet whether the Lakers and Thunder will score combined over or under 215 points.
- Factor in different circumstances. If superstars are hurt on both teams, and the over/under seems pretty high, you might place your bets on “under.” If superstars are playing lights-out of late, and the over/under seems too low, you might place your bets on “over.”
Be careful just joining any online sports betting site you come across as there are massive scams on the net. Do your research first before joining any online sportsbook and casino other than bookmaker listed above.